Sunday, November 4, 2007

Update on Gilbert Arenas

Gilbert's guarantee a big fat zero

As Gilbert Arenas would probably be the first to admit, it’s all about him all the time.

He actually felt honored when the TD Banknorth Garden crowd put him on the same pedestal as the Yankees, serenading the Wizards star throughout the night with a “Gilbert Sucks” chant.

“I just love that,” he said of the Yankees distinction after the Celtics’ 103-83 opening night win over the Wizards - a game that Arenas had guaranteed as a win earlier in the week on his “Agent Zero” blog.

“That was great out there,” he said. “They’re up by 20 in the second quarter, and (the crowd) is still going at it. From the beginning, from the tip - you never know what it’s like until you’ve played in this kind of atmosphere.

“I’m not sure I’ve ever been in something like this in the playoffs,” said Arenas. “This might be the best I’ve seen.”

Arenas was reminded of his failed guarantee every time he touched the ball.

“Ya’ll told me so,” he said, smiling. “I put my foot in my mouth. I know that tomorrow I’ll get killed by all the analysts, but that’s part of the excitement. The whole crowd was chanting my name. Hey, that’s what it’s all about. I’m an entertainer.

“Right now it’s great to be a Boston fan,” said Arenas. “You know your Sox won, Boston College is No. 2, your Patriots are No. 1 and now you have these three (basketball players). It is great to be a Boston fan and the crowd showed it tonight.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1042275

How pathetic. Seriously he just finds these ways to cover up for him when he loses then when he wins he's all like "Yea I know I'm good."

No comments: