Friday, November 2, 2007

Gilbert Arenas

Prediction Time
Oh man, everybody is jumping on this Celtics band wagon. You know what? I was going to go prediction-free for the whole year, but I guess I'm going to break that now.

Now, if anybody remembers back when I got drafted, I got a report back that the reason I dropped so far in the draft was that Jim O'Brien of the Celtics said that I was too immature and that I wasn't ready for the NBA. What really happened was that I had an Achilles injury and I went back to L.A. to go get it healed when I was supposed to have a two-day workout in Boston with O'Brien. He didn't like that. So word came back to me that he was trashing me and it put this knife through my chest about the Boston Celtics.

Back in the day when I would day dream I thought that if I could score 100 points against any team it would be the Boston Celtics. Now, I knew it would never happen, but if I could do one thing in the NBA it would be to score 100 against Boston. So anyway, since everybody is back on the Boston bandwagon it brought back old memories. So listen here. On November 2nd, we're going to go into that building, we're opening up Boston. Right now I'm telling the Boston fans: You guys are going to lose. It's not going to be a victory for Boston. You might as well just cheer for me, because Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener. I'm sorry.

- Gilbert Arenas, September 28th 2007

November 2nd (In USA anyway) 2007

Celtics 103 - Wizards 83

Gilbert Arenas 21 points (5-20 from the field, 0-5 on 3s, 11-14 from the line), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 4 turnovers.

Now let's see what he has to say next.

The Celtics Big 3 was crazy. KG can hit from like everywhere and he's a defensive beast. Paul Pierce is the best scorer on the team and will probably continue to be the 1st option. Ray Allen I didn't see too much of but he played very smart. Snuck in for offensive rebounds and hit those open shots. Also Rondo was nice. He's crazy fast and just blew by Arenas in a few plays. Looking at how well they played, imagine what would happen when Posey comes back.

Also in the NBA today...

The Lakers beat the Suns behind an amazing 16 points from Kobe Bryant. I know. This was after the Suns barely beat the Sonics because they had smarter players like yesterday.

What this means... Nothing. Damn. Suns will still be a Top 5 team in the NBA so that sucks.

Clippers beat Warriors

Azubuike is a beast. Sucks that the Rockets had to cut him. Chris Kaman was a beast filling in for Elton Brand. 26 points and 18 rebounds.

76ers beat Bulls!
Lot of experts had like Boston and Chicago as top teams in the East. Philly took care of the Bulls. Iguodala is nice. He can do everything. Andre Miller is like veteran so he can keep doing that.

Anderson Varejao...
Still isn't with the Cavs. Seriously, that Brazilian prick wants like 9/10 million dollars a year. He sucks balls man. He cost the Cavs one of the games in the finals when LeBron gave him the ball after he set a pick. In the closing seconds of a close game, give the ball to your best player. Don't try and go up against the best big man in the game (Duncan) and try and be the hero. It doesn't work like that. And I remember in Game 6 or something of the ECF when it was still a pretty close game Varejao decided to pull up for a 3. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS IF YOU LOSE THIS GAME YOU WILL PROBABLY LOSE THE NEXT ONE CAUSE THE PISTONS ARE MORE EXPERIENCED. YOU HAVE DANIEL GIBSON, LARRY HUGHES, LEBRON JAMES, PAVLOVIC AND MARSHALL TO SHOOT 3S. YOU DON'T NEED TO.

Varejao seriously sucks. He can't even start for the Cavs. He's like an energetic hustle guy that can grab some boards and has very distracting hair. You don't deserve 10 million a year for that. If I had 10 Million US Dollars a year...

1. Convert US to HK currency. 78 million Hong Kong Dollars
2. Take away daily expenses. 35 for transportation, 20 dollars for lunch. This is for half a year cause I only go to school for like 183. So 78 million - 55x183 = 77989935.
3. Buy an XBOX360, PS3, PSP a DS Lite and an R4. 3000 + 5000 + 2000 + 1500 + 400 (approximate costs) = 11900. 77989935-11900=77978035.
4. Buy like 100 games for each console. I can buy the real ones. 400x100x4. 77978035 - 16000=77818035.
5. Buy the best computer ever. Right now it's this Falcon Northwest Mach V which costs 93600 HK. 77818035-93600=77724435
6. Buy a decent house in Hong Kong. That's 20 million. Now I'm down to 57724435.
7. Split the rest for a year. I can only use 158149.10 Hong Kong dollars a day. That's a lot of money.

Of course since I don't have to pay tax or anything I'm fine, but seriously, Varejao sucks balls.

No comments: