Friday, May 16, 2008

Saving the environment

So you know you always hear this environment shit.

I've been a good boy.

It's like halfway past May and I have never used the air conditioner at home.

For those international readers that there seem to be quite a lot of, in Hong Kong every home (except for those really rundown ones) is like fitted with an air conditioner because in the Summer you just need it. Not every home is fitted with those heating systems because it never gets that cold in Hong Kong.

So all I've been using is my little fan.

Go me. And I'm one of those people that sleeps a lot easier with a blanket. I always sleep with a blanket. Even in the summer. I guess I'm kind of a bitch like that because prior to this year I'd wrap myself up in unnecessary layers and be hotter and like turn on the air conditioner when I can just sleep without a blanket.

I don't know that's like the only actual sleep habit I have. Some people need to listen to music to go to sleep, some people must sleep in complete darkness... For me I just need a blanket. I just feel a lot more comfortable that way. Maybe everyone is like that, I have no idea because this is not something that I usually talk to people about.

I don't really have any other unusual sleeping habits. Lately I've been listening to music as I fall to sleep.

So yea, no air conditioning. Good for me. We use enough at school. In school all the teachers blast air conditioning all the time.

1 comment:

Adele said...

I do that too (needing a blanket to sleep even if it means turning on the AC), I mentioned it to my sister who studied Psych. Not everyone has the same sleeping habits! I don't know about you but I like using a lot of blankets cause I like the... pressure???! I don't really know how to explain it haha. Like, I don't like thin blankets, I like medium-heavy ones.

Anyway yeah, basically she explained how people like me/us are tactile and like contact. Etc. And she said a lot more but that was a long time ago and I forgot most of it.... there was something about how some people are just more comfortable with more pressure/contact etc than other people

Yeah I came home wondering exactly how much of your blog I read. Not this far!!! First time seeing this entry~