Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Homecoming is your face.

So I've been through 2 days of my first Homecoming week in USA. So from my understanding so far, you dress up and then there are games.

The first day all the Sophomores (that's me) had to dress green. I did that. The 2nd day was 'Public Service Vehicle' and I was like fuck that wtf is that so I just came to school like a normal person. Most of the other Sophomores came as Cops or Electricians or Firemen and one guy was a Garbageman.

Tomorrow's theme is like hip hop/gangsta. I will not go very overboard because there are real Gs in my school. Must be awkward for the real Gs.

So far the games were pretty funny and random. The 1st day, the first game was stuff a bench where there was like a big square bench and you stuff it with as many people as you can. The 2nd game on that day was tug o war, and it was very intense because there were like 500 people in each grade and they were split into 3 ropes so you had like 200+ people tugging on 1 rope.

The second day's first game was 10 man pass where you had to pass a grapefruit along 10 people without using your hands. Most people like used their chin-neck-chest to carry it but the Sophomores kept failing. The second game was an obstacle course but it wasn't really an obstacle course it was more like do random things and see who can do it the fastest.

But it was a pretty cool experience and it was pretty intense. The different grades participated against each other.

The people here have really cool signs for their class. For the Seniors it's the 'Dynasty' sign... It's like a diamond and like Jay-Z and Kanye West use it. You know that song Diamonds from Sierra Leone that goes like "Diamonds are forever... forever... forever..." and it goes "throw your diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe" that's the diamond. Yea.

The Juniors are the class of '10 so their sign is like an X made with their arms. I'm not sure what mine is but I think it's like you raise both hands then you point an index finger on each hand because I'm class of '11 so each finger means 1.

Today I got free Sun Chips. For you uninformed Hong Kong fools they are like chips but they are made from whole wheat stuff and are meant to be healthy but they were pretty heavily salted so I'm not sure.

Anyway 3 more days of homecoming and then the dance! I still don't know if I'm going to the dance because I don't really know anyone going. But I might.

No comments: