Sunday, December 9, 2007

The barber shop

I usually get my haircut at Ma On Shan because I used to live there but today I didn't feel like going that far just to get my hair cut.

I also went to 'Heng Fa Chuen' to get my hair cut once because my sister and I were having a 'let's go to some random place' mood so we went there. On that day we ate Spanish food and I got my hair cut for 80 dollars and I looked like a little boy and everyone was like ahaha Jordan did you put a bowl over your head and cut it?

Anyway today I just went somewhere close so I went to Jordan (ahahaha so funny) to get my hair cut.

I had to wait like 30 minutes until it was my turn and I had to wait in this barber shop that had this smell which was a cross of papaya and shit.

Later I went to wash my hair just like in every other place and the lady gave me some lovely grapefruit flavored shampoo. I'm not crazy over grapefruit but I don't hate it, but what if someone hated grapefruit? How can you just stick some strongly flavored shampoo on someone?

Then after a while I got my hair cut. The manager called her 妹妹 so I was like hmm cool. I had to wait a while for this '妹妹' to show up and the lady earlier took my towel off and my hair looked like Pat Riley's hair so I just sat there with Pat Riley hair for like 15 minutes.

Then the '妹妹' turned out to be some kinda fat woman with lovely hair.

And on with the hair cutting.

She is the 2nd slowest hair cutter ever.

The slowest hair cut I've ever had was at this place called 'Head' or something, and this dude with a fringe and plastic framed glasses was like combing my hair and then he cuts like the very very tip of it and he does it over and over again.

This one wasn't that bad but she had 2 hair clips. So she would just clip like a bunch of my hair and then go cut the hair below it.

I don't know if she was going for like this layered approach which I've seen but I'd imagine it look pretty stupid on a boy.

Then she clips my hair in like a thousand places and starts cutting it.

She does everything at the side and back first and it was ok cause I couldn't see any of it.

Then when she got to the front she like made the front of my hair slanted. You know how all the local boys have hair like that.

That's what she did.

I didn't really care cause usually when they do that after you wash your hair again you can kinda make it un-slanty.

Also she likes to play with my hair a lot. Like quite a lot and she'd like grab it and squeeze it like it was tissue.

Then later she like tapped the side of my face to fix my hair or something.

And her hands were fucking sweaty.

So after I find out that she has sweaty ass hands everytime she 'styles' my hair I go like wtf sick cause the way she grabs it it's like if you have sauce on your finger tips then you like kinda squeeze the tissue when you wipe it off.

That's what she did.

So I got home and I tried to make it unslanty but it just had to be slanty so I'm like shit it looks so stupid.

So for like the first time ever I cut my hair by myself. I took some random scissors and I started cutting my hair by myself, so if you see me at school tomorrow, go check it out.

Then I saw that the back of my head was kinda lame but it is me and all the other 6 billion human beings in the world to have limited vision where you have barely 180 degrees of vision, so I couldn't cut the back cause I'm scared it'll look even worse.

So on my way home after my ridiculously horrendous haircut, I encountered

2 Inoiaegaojklstan kids that tried to limbo through a police line (it wasn't a real police line someone stole it and put it across something)

A taxi driver that sang the Chinese song from the radio.

An Indian dude unloading what must've been 20 suitcases/huge bags from the lift by himself.

No comments: