Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kevin Teng the Basketball God.

So I don't really believe this shit but Kevin Teng this mainland Chinese boy is like the basketball god!

I was watching Game 3 of the Rockets/Jazz series when the Rockets had a comfortable 7 point cushion with just over a minute to go. Kenny was asking about the score and I told him and we were both expecting a win.

At this time, Kevin says.

"Rockets are gonna win... Unless the Jazz hit 2 3 pointers"

So courtesy of NBA.com, here is the play by play.

1:05
[UTA 89-93]
Korver 3pt Shot: Made (5 PTS)
Assist: Williams (11 AST)

0:37
[UTA 92-93]
Okur 3pt Shot: Made (12 PTS)
Assist: Williams (12 AST)

And with that, the lead was down to 1. The Rockets pulled the game out thanks to a great block AND save by Carl Landry. The save was huge because if he blocked it out of bounds Boozer was probably going to score with like 3 seconds left on the clock.

So that was Game 3.

Game 4 I was watching at home and Kevin asks me for the link to watch the game.

I give it to him, not expecting him to make any of those stupid calls.

With the Rockets having close to a double digit deficit, Kevin says: Rockets are gonna lose... unless they hit 2 3 pointers.

I copy and pasted this to Brian just for the fun of it.

With the Rockets down 8 with just about a minute to play, I knew it was pretty much over.

and then, I saw Battier spotting up for a long 3.

Battier 3pt Shot: Made (10 PTS)
Assist: McGrady (8 AST)
0:51
[HOU 77-82]

I suddenly go WTF. But still, a 5 point game.

And then...

Alston 3pt Shot: Made (15 PTS)0:15
[HOU 80-82]

And this was no ordinary 3. It was like a fading to the right with 2 legs kicking up 3.

And with that the Rockets were down 2 with 15 seconds to go.

Deron Williams misses both free throws, Rockets fail to secure a rebound and they end up fouling Okur who puts the finishing touches to Game 4.

I know both times the team that hit 2 3 pointers didn't win, but the fact that BOTH times he said it it both happened...

Wow.

No comments: