Tuesday, February 19, 2008

R.I.P. Lydia Shum

For those of you that don't know (but you should, because you are the only reader of my blog), Lydia Shum passed away earlier today.

Although I am only 14, I know and recognize her as a great character person. She was always happy, smiling and laughing and was a very charismatic character. She was the host of many TVB shows, and it really is quite sad to know of this.

I remember watching her show 'Living with Lydia', and smiling and laughing at it because she was a great character and she sure bought a smile to my face.

I have never seen or met her in person, but I know this loss will affect many, a lot of people in Hong Kong, young and old all grew up seeing her on television. Her daughter especially will be affected, she is only 20. I remember watching her and her mother's music video after that kid's show that I used to watch and laughing at how lame they were. But that just shows how close they were, as a mother and daughter and that they were willing to show their love even on TV even if people like me were just going to laugh and tease them because they were fat.

Not that you will read this, or anyone will read this (except for Chris), but stay strong. The Hong Kong media are bitches and I respect you for being to able to stay this strong after all you have been through.

1 comment:

TESTOSTERONE BOB said...

:(

I still remember watching her on one of those afternoon cantonese shows.

:(