Thursday, February 26, 2009

school sucks

I am not mentally strong enough to stay away from the distractions of this world when I am doing homework.

But I'm nearly done anyway so it's not too bad.

So I'm sitting here in front of my computer working through homework and (not) looking forward to the history project, history exam, chemistry formal lab and math test, and english essay ahead of me.

Honestly, up until like last year I've never cared much about school. My mom would come home from school every year from the parent teacher meeting and she'll be like oh yea all your teachers were like "jordan is smart but he always does the bare minimum and doesn't put enough effort into his work." and my mom has been telling me to work hard every year. I work hard for about like a week or two then something cool happens and then I just stop.

But anyway I've finally reached the dreaded 'last 3 years' of high school that universities mainy look at and well, here I am. In Year 7, 8, 9, and 10, the most As I ever got was like 4 As. And that's because I had like 13 subjects or whatever and 2 of them were Mandarin and Music which were gimmes. But yea.

Now that I'm in those last 3 years that Universities seem to care a lot about, it's just really weird that everything I do right now could determine what my life will be like. Maybe if I'm good I could get into like a top 10 university (I actually got a letter from one) but that would be it. Maybe I'd get into the 10th best university in the world but I wouldn't be able to get into the top university because during these 3 years, I flunked a test or something and I couldn't get that grade that I wanted.

Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. you're lame
2. stop dissing my blog because you're the one who named your blog '1 guy 1 blog' which is so not funny.
3. GET A LIFE.
:)
love ya.